February 26, 2012

CHICKEN MACARONI


My first attempt at making chicken macaroni.  Been wanting to do it but has been procrastinating.  Recently I got to know that my little nephew is having macaroni in his school, and he does not like it, so I decided to convince him through my cooking that macaroni is nice.  He complained that the macaroni he had in school is cold and hard, so I made sure mine is warm and soft for him.  He likes it. ♥


My little notes to remind myself what I did:

2 piece chicken thigh with bones, without skin - marinate this in starch and soya sauce.
Then cook it with a bit of water, soya sauce, ginger slices. Once cooked, take out to shred the chicken, leave the bones and gravy in the pot for cooking the macaroni soup base.

Boil the macaroni, then transfer them out to the soup base once almost half cooked. Add in peas, corn and carrot, also slices of ginger.

Served with finely chopped romaine lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment